Preparation for Proctor/Fowler Range Qualifications
- Scaled down 25 yard targets for practice on the Federal Range are available for 10, 15, 20, 25 and 33 foot distances. The targets are in PDF form and can be printed on standard 8.5×11 paper. The 10, 15, 20 and 25 foot targets are a single page while 33 foot targets are two pages that should by aligned at the center point when stapled to the target backing.
- Members should self-qualify on the Federal range at a distance of 33 feet with the targets in item 1.
- New shooters should start at 10 feet on the Federal and progress to the greater distances up to a 33 foot goal.
- Shooters should self qualify at 33 feet by placing 10 out of 10 shots within the target square on the Federal before attempting Procter/Fowler qualification.
- Procter range qualifications require one handed shooting while Fowler qualifications allow for a more stable two handed stance. So practice accordingly.
- If you have any problems with these targets, send comments or recommendations to email@example.com.